Welcome to My Portal
We are pleased to welcome you to the My Portal section of Fay’s website. This My Portal experience is provided by Blackbaud Education Management. My Portal allows parents to stay up to date on their student’s learning and progress. Below you will find information on:
- Logging Into My Portal for the First Time
- An Overview of My Portal
- My Portal Resources
- Calendar Feeds Tutorial
- To access My Portal please navigate to www.thefayschool.org and click on the My Portal link at the top navigation bar. This will take you to the My Portal page.
- For first-time access, you will need to request your password by clicking the “Forgot login or First time logging in” on the log in page.
- Enter your email address in the email address box. Use the email address that you have given the school. Use the checkboxes below to select what login information you would like to receive via email.
- Select Username and Password, then click send.
- An email containing the selected information will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to add this email address to your address book/whitelist before submitting this request.
- If the email address does not match what is in the database, or if the email address is shared by multiple users, you will need to enter your first and last name. When the email address, first name, and last name are verified, an email containing the username (if requested), and a separate email containing the password (if requested), is sent.
- Check your email (remember to look in your junk mail) for links to access My Portal.
The first time you log in, a Welcome window opens, and you have the option to choose guided tours on areas throughout the site. We encourage you to take the time to go on this “tour.”
- Contact Card: The tour will take you through your profile’s Contact Card. Everyone has a Contact Card. You can see the information that you have given the school. You will be able to update this information at the start through a form.
- Navigation Bar: The navigation bar displays tabs for easy access. Here you will find Resource Boards, News, Calendars, and Directories.
- School Forms: Once signed into the portal a notification bar will display all forms that need your attention. Once you click the link provided you will see both individual or parent-specific forms and student-related forms available for submission. A list of required school forms will be published over the summer!
Select Resources to check for general school resources - such as Parent-Student Handbook, access to Magnus Health, the Fay Feedback Form, the Extended Day Registration Module, and more! Below is a high-level summary of what you can find on the Resources Page.
- Magnus Health: All student medical information is submitted through an online database, Magnus Health SMR (Student Medical Record). Magnus is a web-based system that will allow you continuous access to your child’s health record, and you can make updates when needed. You will access your Magnus Health account via the resource button titled “Magnus Health.” Initially, you will need to upload your most recent immunization record and the physician’s physical form (or a summary report of your physician’s visit from the last year). Please click here for a more detailed introduction to Magnus Health.
- Extended Day Registration Module: The Extended Day Registration Module allows you to register for Stay at Fay (SAF). You can find the button in the resources section.
- Smart Tuition: Fay uses Smart Tuition payment platform to allow families to view and pay invoices online. To access your account please click on the Smart Tuition button in the resources section. You will be taken to the Smart Tuition login page. Read this Fay Flyer for more detailed instructions on our Smart Tuition Payment Platform.
You can access the school calendar by clicking on the calendar button on the navigation bar. Use the Calendar to view schedules, events, and more. You can filter the calendar by selecting the event types you want to see. You can change the view of the calendar from Day, Week, or Month. You can advance through the months to see upcoming school events.
Also, you can subscribe to calendars that the school has set up. Using the calendar navigation bar find and click on the iCal feed icon. This will open a window where you can customize your calendar feed subscription.
To subscribe to the School Calendars you can click on the School Calendars link next to Entire Calendar. This will open a link to select your calendar program of choice. You can also click the triangle button next to Individual Filter Feeds and then the gear icon to create a customized calendar feed. This will expand the grade level calendars from which you can uncheck those you do not want to subscribe. Click "School Calendar" to finalize your selection. The use of these iCal feeds will help to provide you alerts for specific calendar changes.