COVID-19 Task Force
In March 2020, The Fay School assembled a COVID-19 Task Force as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and state of emergency declared by our local and state authorities. This group of dedicated individuals helps to minimize the unprecedented disruption of learning experienced by our students, families, and faculty. This group is responsible for developing and deploying the necessary resources to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students and parents.
- Monica Berckley, Director of Advancement
- Jeff Fountain, Assistant Head of School for Finance and Operations
- Ali Lyman, Director of Admissions
- Kaitlin Necas, Communications Officer, M.B.A.
- Cathie Riley, School Nurse, R.N.
- Morgan B. Scoville, Head of School, M. Ed.
- Melissa L. Sherman, Principal, M. Ed.
Health & Wellness Sub-committee
Fay's Health and Wellness Sub-committee is a committee comprised of current parents and medical professionals. This group will help in the process of collaborating to update and create any necessary policies and procedures that will aid in your child’s safe return to Fay.
- Dr. Bob Basu, Second and Fourth Grade Parent
- Alexandra Bruskoff, Third and Fifth Grade Parent
- Paul Cannings, Primary, First, Fourth and Fifth Grade Parent
- Dr. Betsy Eason, Fourth Grade Parent
- Dr. Tracy Patel Moorjani, Fourth Grade Parent
- Sandy Shurin, Kindergarten Parent
- Dr. Sogol Pahlavan, Fifth Grade Parent and Alumni Parent
- John Waggoner, Fifth Grade Parent
The following list is a small sampling of the topics on which these two groups will focus:
- Arrival and departure procedures
- How students will move through campus
- Sanitation and cleanliness protocols
- Restroom precautions
- Specials classes and lunch
- Use of outdoor spaces and recess
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff and students
- Adaptations that the daily schedule might need
- Innovations in the Academic Continuity Plan from our June Term