Celebrating an Unbelievable Year
Working together this entire year, our Fay community ensured that we could all afford your children the absolute best learning opportunities throughout the whole school year. To put this into a more precise context, we would like to share the below list of our collective accomplishments. Some accomplishments benefited your children this year, while others will bear fruit for your children in the future. Some of these accomplishments helped your children directly and some indirectly. The adults drove some, and the most meaningful were driven by your children.
- Opened in-person and online learning programs safely and on time on August 19, 2020.
- Published a future-focused strategic plan.
- Retained the highest number of students for the 2021-2022 school year since 2011.
- Established eight new garden beds in the Fay Farm to enhance your child’s outdoor learning.
- Children checked out 9,637 Library books, and you purchased 915 books in our online book fair.
- Hatched eight chickens, and thanks to our Third Grade Leaders, they are thriving.
- Enhanced our Primary language arts program for Primary children by having four Primary Teachers complete the yearlong Classroom Storytelling program from Rice Literacy Program.
- Hosted Fay’s first Golf Tournament at neighboring Memorial Park.
- Released nearly 200 ladybugs in the Fay Farm as part of the First Grade pollinator project in partnership with the Houston Arboretum.
- Taught around 2,500 specials classes outside and about 500 specials classes online.
- Established Fay’s first-ever mascot, thanks to our Second Graders, Go Gators!
- Received national recognition for the way we named our first-ever school mascot.
- Enhanced Fay’s efforts to be more environmentally responsible thanks to efforts from our Kindergarten and Fifth Grade Leaders.
- Joined other nationally recognized schools as an ISEEN Leadership Circle School.
- Named the different trails throughout the Fay Forest thanks to our Fourth Grade Leaders.
- Installed the “Coop Cam,” a live-feed video of our chickens.
- Tallied that about 4,200 eggs were laid by The Fay School’s chickens.
- Conducted six new Project-Based Learning Units thanks to our Learning Specialist.
- Hosted 490 recesses in the Fay Forest.
- Increased the amount of Summer FAYcation campers by almost 10%.
- Connected with over 180 new Grandparents and Special Friends.
- Gained 30% more followers/fans on our social media platforms.
- Saved over 20,100 plastic water bottles thanks to our water fountains.
- Increased campus visit requests from other ISAS Administrators to learn about innovation.
- Increased prospective student applications by 59% since the 2019-2020 school year.
- Published nine blogs.
- Celebrated our 30th Anniversary and honored the school’s founder, Marie Fay Evnochides.
Your children benefited in what seemed like unbelievable ways this year, and it was because we all made sacrifices, stayed flexible, exhibited patience, remained committed, and empathized with the varying perspectives on how best to take steps forward and when. Every member of the Fay Family played a part in the amazing experience your children enjoyed this year. Each of us proved that there is no early childhood or elementary school better equipped to deliberately build and educate the next generation of leaders for our world by intentionally working to be a school that “puts children first,” just like Marie Fay Evnochides imagined.