Tuition Assistance Program
The Fay School Tuition
Assistance Program (FayTAP) serves the greater Houston area by providing
financial resources to qualified applicants who could not otherwise attend the
school. FayTAP is a need-based program of tuition assistance. Resources are not
allocated for merit and/or performance achievement.
FayTAP seeks to fulfill four
- To provide
assistance to qualified current and prospective Fay families
- To provide
assistance to currently enrolled Fay families who may be in temporary financial
- To provide for a
more diverse school community
- To provide a maximum of eighty percent tuition
assistance to qualified families. Awards in excess of eighty percent are at the
sole discretion of the Head of School
Qualifications for Assistance
FayTAP candidates must serve
as stewards of the school’s Mission Statement and Core Values. To this end,
qualifications for assistance include:
- Prospective students must meet the admission requirements
of the school and, based upon the student profile, demonstrate the ability to
succeed in the Fay program
- Current and/or
returning students must successfully navigate the Fay academic program
- The School reserves the unconditional right to suspend and/or expel any student, or recall a FayTAP award, at any time for academic, behavioral, or attitudinal reasons if it concludes that The Fay School is not an appropriate school for the student or if the parents’ relationship with the School becomes uncooperative.
- Apply for admission or submit re-enrollment form for the school year.
- Complete and submit the Independent School Management's FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) application by March 1 by clicking the FAST link below.
- Submit the following documents to
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
- A signed copy of the income tax return, including all supporting tax schedules
- Copies of W-2s
- The FayTAP committee will inform the family of the award in writing and provide a schedule of payments. Awards are for one year only and do not guarantee an award or level of award for any subsequent year. Tuition assistance is for tuition only and may not be applied towards books, fees, etc. Late payment of the remaining tuition and/or fees may jeopardize the award.
exists at the sole discretion of the Head of School in conjunction with the
Board of Trustees. The FayTAP budget is
approved annually by the Board of Trustees while the Head of School manages all